Pages

Monday 30 July 2018

First KiwiSport Reflection For Term 3 2018 (Boxing)

WALT:Reflect On What We Did At Kiwisport
Hey guys so today we had kiwisport for the first time this term and we did boxing so the first thing we did was line up outside the classroom and then we walked down to the hall we we got there we went and sat down on the ground and then we meet our boxing coach her name Pat she was telling a little bit of herself and then we got into it.

But first Pat when over the 3 commandments of boxing in school so the first one was respect I will have respect for myself, my coach, my peers and the sport of boxing the second one was discipline 
I will have discipline to turn up to every boxing sessions and give my 100% and the third and last one was safety I will not cause harm to others and only practicing boxing in a safe environment under the guidance of a coach.

After we all went threw the commandments we got on our boxing gloves on and then played a game called knee tag when you are trying to hit there knee and if you get they do one burpee and you keep on doin it until you stop after that we got into 2 line one line at the back and the other line at the front I was front and we were learning 2 punching skills a jab and cross so for the jab is when you bend down a bit and hitting with your right hand and the cross is when you bending a bit but standing on your side and twisting your leg a bit and then you punch.

So we did that and then we had to find a buddy and we had to practice out jab and cross and one of us at hold up our boxing gloves and they pushing out boxing gloves and practicing out jab, cross and combo when you do the jab and cross together and then we switched and the person that did not punch then they punch it was really fun to do after we did all of that we took off our boxing gloves and then went around the circle and gave everyone a hi-five and then we all lined up said thank you to Pat and then we walked back up to class.

I felt great after that because it was fun doing boxing and also learning some boxing skills and just having a great time doing boxing

What I found challenging:I found it easy because jabbing and crossing was pretty easy to and it was also pretty fun too.

What I enjoyed:I enjoyed playing knee tag because it was always getting them in the knee and sometimes they would get me to but we had fun and work as a team.

What can I do better:I can work on my combo because when I do for too long I start to lose focus and also getting tired so I need to work on my combo and focus for a long time.

So yeah you are welcome to leave a comment and have a great night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment